Our maternity support services
Read about maternity outpatients, pregnancy/antenatal education classes and other services available to pregnant woment in the Counties Manukau region.
Pregnancy or Antenatal Classes
There are different types of classes available in Counties Manukau, please contact the provider of your choice here to obtain more information about what they can offer you. Also speak with your LMC as they can guide you toward making the decision that’s right for you.
Public Funded (Free of charge) sessions are available through:
- South Seas Healthcare: 14 Fair Mall, Otara. Phone: 09 273 9017 or 0800 427 892
- Taonga for teen parents to be: Taonga provide antenatal information sessions, peer support and social support for teen parents expecting their first baby. Taonga can help with transport to sessions.
- Group sessions -
Held in Manurewa, Otara and Papakura.
Peer Support -
Available for families identified as requiring more intensive support from a peer support worker who understands the specific challenges facing some teen parents. 'Totally acknowledging our next generation’s abilities'
Phone: (09) 269 2861 or toll free: 0508 taonga (826642)
Website: www.taonga.org.nz or www.taongaantenatal.co.nz
Not public funded:
- East Auckland - Birthbalance. Phone 021 353 313 |Email email@example.com | Facebook www.facebook.com/birthbalancenz
- Parents Centre - http://www.parentscentre.org.nz/childbirtheducation/
- Manukau | Phone: 09 267 1224
- Papakura | Chapel Street, Papakura. Phone: 09 297 7461
- Franklin | Phone: 09 283 8513
Taonga Education Centre
Taonga Education Centre Charitable Trust offers preg-nant teens and their whanau education and support to guide you through to welcom-ing your baby and becoming parent.
Taonga provide antenatal in-formation sessions, peer sup-port and social support for teen parents expecting their first baby. Taonga can help with transport to sessions.
“Totally acknowledging our next generation’s abilities”
Phone (09) 269 2861 or text 027 453 2908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother and Pepe Services
The service is open to all young mums with a particular focus on young Maaori mums. Service is provided by Maori health workers who have recognised skills or experience in the maternity or childcare areas and who have strong links with the Maori community. Contacts are:
- Turuki Health (Counties Manukau region) Ph: (09) 275 5788
- Te Kaha o te rangatahi (Managere and Papatoetoe area) Ph: (09) 270 4725
How to get a baby car seat?
Plunket Car Seat Service can help make sure your child is in a booster seat that's right for them. Our technicians can help with installation and offer advice on how too get your 5 or 6 year old back into a booster, so every journey is a safe one.