I write in response to your Official Information Act request, dated 24 February 2020.
You requested the following information:
1. The number of patients currently on the DHB's ophthalmology wait list (as at February 1,2020).
2. A breakdown of how long these patients have been waiting for appointments - broken downby the time between the initial referral, and first appointment, and those waiting for/overdue for follow-up appointments (as at February 1, 2020).
3. The number of patients referred/ transferred from the DHB's ophthalmology service toprivate providers or other outside contractors, broken down by calendar year from 2008-2019.
4. The number of dedicated clinics (including, but not exclusive to: catch-up clinics, weekendand evening clinics) over and above held by the DHB broken down by calendar year.
5. The number of adverse events recorded by the DHB due to ophthalmology delays.
Our response is below