Important things to know about the vaccine
- There is enough for everyone.
- It’s free.
- It DOES NOT include any 'live' COVID virus.
- It reduces the risk of developing any symptoms of COVID-19 infection (mild or severe) by 95% after the second dose.
- It helps reduce the virus spreading in the community.
- There are no expected long-term side effects.
- It is safe for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- While we strongly encourage you to get your jabs to protect your health as well as that of your family and community, it is not compulsory.
Where to get more information
It is important that you make yourself as informed as possible so if you have any questions we encourage you to seek information from the following sources: