Post Graduate Education Funding (HWNZ Funding) Application form for Registered Nurses employed within Counties Manukau Health Funding Area for semester 2 2019.
Last Day for Application: 31 March 2019
IMPORTANT: This form is best viewed in Firefox.
IMPORTANT: You must complete this form in one sitting.
You cannot save the form and return to it. If you would like to outline your answers you can download a copy of this form.
- Your line manager(s) must support your application.
- Email will be the main form of contact.
- All Applicants must have completed a career plan with their line manager before applying for HWNZ funding.
- You will need to apply for funding every semester. If your application is successful it is only for Semester two.
- You will be notified of application results by 31 May 2019
- Be a registered nurse and hold a current New Zealand Nursing Council’s Annual Practising Certificate.
- Be employed in a permanent (part or full time) nursing position in a health service that is funded by Counties Manukau Health or the Ministry of Health from Vote Health monies.
- Be a New Zealand Resident or Citizen.
- Be compliant with the organisations Professional Development and Recognition Programme (PDRP) [if applicable to organisation].
- If commencing postgraduate diploma or Masters then must be proficient, expert or senior level on the PDRP.
- Career plan completed.
- Priority given to high workforce development needs as identified by MOH and CM Health strategic and workforce development documents.
- Preference is given to applicants completing their qualification.
- Papers must be level 8 and be able to be credited towards a Masters of Nursing programme approved by the New Zealand Nursing Council.
- I have completed a career plan as part of my performance review process.
- I will enrol within the university timeframes.
- I will notify the Post Registration/PDRP Lead PGE in writing of ANY changes in my enrolment.
- Unsuccessful completion of the Post Graduate Qualification (for reasons other than those beyond fair and reasonable causes) may result in CM Health retrieving the monies (see policy).
- CM Health may seek confirmation of course completion and results from the university/technical institute involved.
- CM Health may release my details to HWNZ in accordance with the Privacy Act (1993).
- My name may be provided to other students so they can contact me to discuss the papers I have completed or am currently undertaking.
- I understand that if I do not meet the criteria stated above, I may not receive funding.
- I agree that if I am unsuccessful in my application, my name can be placed on a waitlist.
- I agree to participate in any Post Graduate Education evaluation as requested.
A copy of your application will be sent to the email address provided for your Line Manager.
If your line manager does not receive a copy within 24 hours contact Geraldine Armstrong on Geraldine.email@example.com
Your line manager must respond to this email in order for you to be considered for funding. Your application cannot be processed without their approval.