Media release 24 October 2019 | Counties Manukau Health has full contingency plans in place for a series of industrial action by members of the APEX union. The majority of our health services will be unaffected by the strike action.
Medical Imaging Technologists (Radiographers) and Sonographers will go on strike next week. Psychologists are also currently undertaking industrial action until the 1 November 2019.
“Our priority during these periods of strike action is the provision of urgent and acute care to those who really need it. Our Emergency Department and Inpatient Services will have the capacity to undertake all acute care,” says Counties Manukau Health GM Central Clinical Services and Contingency lead, Ian Dodson.
“A large number of our health services are unaffected however strike action means that we may need to reschedule some of our non-urgent patient appointments and some of our elective surgery. We sincerely regret that this is necessary and we apologise to affected patients.
“We will endeavour not to do this where possible so unless you are contacted by one of our team at Counties Manukau Health, you should come to your usual appointment as scheduled.
“Patients whose appointments have been rescheduled will be contacted directly. We aim to reschedule all appointments to the next available date.”
We would like to assure all our patients that we are here if you need us. We will have sufficient levels of staff available to provide urgent services through our emergency department.
People who remain uncertain should feel free to call our toll free number 0800 277 1661.
During these strike periods, if people experience a condition that is not urgent or severe please contact Healthline on 0800 611 116 or their GP in the first instance.
In an emergency always call 111.
Planned Strike Action
Full withdrawals of labour being undertaken by MIT (Radiographers) & Sonographers as follows:
- MIT (Radiographers): 7am Wednesday 30th October – 7am Thursday 31st October (Full Withdrawal of Labour)
- MIT (Radiographers): 7am Friday 1st November – 7am Saturday 2nd November (Full Withdrawal of Labour)
- Sonographers: 7.30am Tuesday 29th October – 7.30am Monday 4th November
Partial strike action being undertaken by MIT (Radiographers) & Psychologists as follows:
- MIT (Radiographers): 7.01am Tuesday 29th October– 6.59am Wednesday 30th October
- MIT (Radiographers): 7.01am Thursday 31st October– 6.59am Friday 1st November
- MIT (Radiographers): 7am Monday 4th November – 7am Tuesday 5th November
- Psychologists: 8am Tuesday 1 October – 8am Friday 1 November