Media release 12 July 2018
- CMDHB contingency planning has seen occupancy levels reduced today at Middlemore Hospital and Kidz First.
- We continue to ensure that we provide essential and life preserving services, and have managed a busy workload today.
- We have been as prepared as we can be thanks to the commitment and support of staff.
- The number of people attending our Emergency Department has been steady.
- Please remember that through the strike period people should not delay seeking medical treatment. If you are, or maybe, seriously unwell you should still come to ED. If it is an emergency, call 111 immediately.
- However, If you have a condition that is not urgent or severe, you should contact your GP, or visit a local pharmacy.
- For FREE health advice 24 hours a day, call Healthline on 0800 611 116.