With Auckland’s move to the orange ‘traffic light’ setting proposed to come into place Thursday, 30 December our visiting policy will remain largely the same as under the red setting.
- All patients will be supported to nominate two registered whaanau (Kaitiaki/partners in care), preferably from the same bubble.
- One Kaitiaki can visit at one time between the hours of 8am to 8pm.
- One Kaitiaki can visit at one time after hours - from 8pm to 8am - if prearranged with the Charge Nurse.
- Patients with confirmed or suspected COVID -19 can have one Kaitiaki prearranged in advance with the Charge Nurse/Midwife Manager and Infectious Diseases (ID) consultant.
- Exceptions to visiting are made based on compassionate grounds and assessed on a case by case basis. Please discuss this with the Charge Nurse Manager of the ward your whaanau member is on.
- All visitors to our facilities, including repeat visitors, must sign-in via the COVID-19 screening app and answer screening questions prior to entering our facilities.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors at all times while entering and moving about any of our facilities and services.
- All visitors must adhere to physical distancing of one metre at all our facilities and services.
- Visitors with Service or Guide dogs are permitted if they can comply with Dogs visiting in hospital policy or other local guidelines.
We appreciate this can be a difficult time for our patients’ friends and whaanau - please remember that our policy is in place to ensure all our patients are safe.
More information on the policy, including service exceptions can be found here - this will be updated as required.
Information on the COVID protection system (traffic light levels) can be found here.