From Friday, 3 December New Zealand moves into the new COVID-19 Protection Framework, commonly known as the ‘traffic light’ system.
Auckland will start in the ‘red’ setting and as we move through the traffic lights our visitor policy will change to reflect this.
What does life at the red setting mean for your visit to CM Health?
- All patients will be supported to nominate two registered whaanau (Kaitiaki/partners in care), preferably from the same bubble.
- One Kaitiaki can visit at one time between the hours of 8am to 8pm.
- One Kaitiaki can visit at one time after hours - from 8pm to 8am - if prearranged with the Charge Nurse.
- Patients with confirmed or suspected COVID -19 can have one Kaitiaki prearranged in advance with the Charge Nurse/Midwife Manager and Infectious Diseases (ID) consultant.
- Exceptions to visiting are made based on compassionate grounds and assessed on a case by case basis. Please discuss this with the Charge Nurse Manager of the ward your whaanau member is on.
- All visitors to our facilities, including repeat visitors, must sign-in via the COVID-19 screening app and answer screening questions prior to entering our facilities.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors at all times while entering and moving about any of our facilities and services.
- All visitors must adhere to physical distancing of one metre at all our facilities and services.
- Visitors with Service or Guide dogs are permitted if they can comply with Dogs visiting in hospital policy or other local guidelines.
More information on the policy, including service exceptions can be found here.
We appreciate this is a difficult time for our patients’ friends and whaanau - please remember that our policy is in place to ensure all our patients are safe.