Please be aware that outpatient appointments may be delayed due to the impacts of the COVID-19 surge. More info can be found here.

rcfy pageRCFY

The right care for you video

know where to go

Know where to go when you're sick or injured

Follow the journey of a young rangatahi and his father on knowing where to go when you’re sick or injured.

Family doctor 2020

Family Doctor: See your family doctor for all non-urgent health concerns

They will provide you with medical advice, prescriptions and help you to manage any long-term conditions.

If you don’t have a family doctor, (also known as your GP or General Practitioner) you can ask family and friends or you can find one on Healthpoint.

Pharmacy 2020

Pharmacy: See your local pharmacy for advice on medication and minor health concerns

Your local pharmacy can provide you with advice on colds and coughs, minor health issues, as well as getting the flu vaccination.

To find a pharmacy nearest you that does the flu vaccine, please visit the South Auckland and East Auckland pharmacy pages on Healthpoint.

immunise tileRCFY

Are you immunised?: Speak to your local GP

Speak to your family or local GP about which immunisation is right for you and your whaanau. Including: (add these in bullet points) COVID-19, MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Flu

Healthline 2020

Healthline: Call 0800 611 116 for health advice from a nurse

Healthline is staffed by registered nurses 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If English isn’t your first language, there are interpreters who can help.

More information about Healthline is available here.

Accident Medical 2020

Accident and Medical (A&M): If your family doctor is not available, go to your nearest A&M clinic

If you or your family are unwell at night, during the weekend, or on a public holiday, call your family doctor first. They will be able to advise or direct you to the nearest A&M clinic.

Please remember to bring your community service card or high user health card if you have one. Free or low-cost care may be available for:

  • children under 14 years old
  • adults over 65 years old
  • people with low incomes 

You can view the subsidised A&M clinics in your area here.

Hospital 2020

Hospital Emergency: If it's a life-threatening emergency call 111

The Middlemore Hospital Emergency Department is for life-threatening conditions.

Helpful Tips

Help! I’m feeling sick, where do I go?
Your family doctor plays an important role in keeping your family healthy. Call your doctor for health advice and to make an appointment.

What if I don’t have a family doctor?
You can find a family doctor (and see their prices) at Healthpoint.

I can’t get to the doctors, what should I do?
To seek immediate health advice, contact your family doctor or call Healthline on 0800 611 116 to speak to a nurse. It’s free and available 24/7. If English isn’t your first language, there are interpreters who can help.

I can’t make it to the doctors during clinic hours, where should I go?
Your local Accident and Medical (A&M) clinic is open when your doctor is closed and you need urgent care. 

When should I go to the hospital?
If it’s a life-threatening emergency, call 111. The Middlemore Hospital Emergency Department is for life-threatening conditions.

Unsure where to go?
Call Healthline for health advice from a nurse - 0800 611 116.

Helpful Resources

Download (PDF, 1.5 MB)  printable copy of A5 information card.

This flyer is also available to download in these languages:


Download (PDF, 6.8 MB)  a printable copy of A3 size poster.


Download (JPG, 330 KB)  our screensaver/wallpaper.


Download (JPG, 91 KB)  our Facebook banner.

Last modified: