I write in response to your Official Information Act request, dated 19 June.
You requested the following information related to our Gastroenterology and Colonoscopy services:
1. The number of colonoscopy referrals the DHB has declined each month, for the last five years to date (May 2015 to May 2019).
2. The number of gastroenterology specialists employed by the DHB; broken down into fulltime and part-time employees.
3. The number of vacancies the DHB currently has available for gastroenterology specialists, and how long each vacancy has been open for.
4. The number of colonoscopies the DHB has outsourced to the private sector, each year for the last five years.
5. The amount of money the DHB has spent to outsource colonoscopies to the private sector each financial year for the last five financial years.
6. The amount of money the DHB has budgeted for colonoscopies against the amount of money spent for colposcopies (including those outsourced) for each financial year, for the last five years.
Our responses to the remaining questions are below: