1. Do you keep a central gift register, which records details about what gifts medical staff receive, who they are from, and the gift's value? If not, why not?
2. How many staff in your DHB have accepted gifts (of any form) from pharmaceutical companies? Information from the past 2-year period is preferred, including what these gifts were, and their monetary value.
3. Is there any policy in place that prevents medical staff from accepting some gifts from pharmaceutical companies? If so, please send a copy of this policy.
In relation to disclosure of these gifts (from pharmaceutical companies):
4. When must medical staff disclose these gifts to the hospital or DHB? If there is a related policy, please send a copy.
5. Are medical staff required to disclose these gifts to their patients? If there is a related policy, please send a copy.