Important: In line with the governments directive that we are to escalate to COVID-19 Alert Level 4, all DHB facilities will be adopting a no visitors policy with only a few exceptions. Learn More
Papakura Obstetric Hospital came into being in 1958 following the takeover from the Auckland Hospital Board. Prior to this time the Unit was known as Ellerdine and was established in 1943 - 1944 following the purchasing of the Willis family homestead.
This historical farmhouse is now the home of the Papakura Birthing Unit. It is situated close to the main town centre of Papakura and serves the Manurewa, Clendon, Wattle Downs, Conifer Grove, Takanini, Papakura, Clevedon, Kawakawa Bay, Orere Point, Hunua, Paparimu, Drury, Hingia and Karaka areas. However, women from other areas are also welcome to use this facility.
Features of the Unit include: